1. COVID-19 hospitalizations rise in New York as BQ.1 spreads Full story
2. UMass Memorial Health nurses to see wage increases of up to 19.5% Full story
3. UW Medicine invests in 'historic' raises for nurses Full story
4. Join your colleagues in sharing your insights on the current state of clinical workflows in transplant centers and hospitals and health systems. Becker's Healthcare is conducting a survey to hear about your experience. Take this 5-minute survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost.
5. How COVID-19 therapeutics stack up against BQ.1 Full story
6. Washington hospitals consider cutting travel nurses in wake of financial losses Full story
7. Joint Commission unveils new certification for perinatal care Full story
8. People of color face high risk of flu hospitalization: CDC Full story
9. Successful hospitals can address inequities in cancer care while improving patient and staff experience. Here's how.
10. 5 nurses making headlines on and off the job Full story
11. Once federal funds run out, Pfizer's vaccine may cost $110 per dose Full story
12. Black Death survivors likely passed down gene that raises autoimmune disease risk: study Full story
13. Health disparities are ruining the patient experience. Give patients the care they deserve and bridge health equity gaps using this tool.
14. CDC's push for quicker public health messaging faces obstacles Full story
15. 14 benefits health systems offer to attract, retain top talent Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Would former patients recommend your hospital to others? Read about the touchpoints that strengthen that brand experience.
2. Why did a flu, COVID ‘twindemic’ never happen? What's the value of wearing a mask when others don't? Check out these 8 must-reads to find out.
3. An estimated 80,000 people die in hospitals each year because of incorrect diagnoses. Learn the 4 causes of diagnostic errors and how to address them here.