1. Worst of omicron yet to come for Midwest + 4 more forecasts to know Full story
2. Illinois hospital closes, terminates staff Full story
3. US COVID-19 hospitalizations compared to last winter's peak — where are we right now? Full story
4. Healthcare is betting on precision medicine for a transformation, but barriers remain. Here's how organizations can make it a reality.
5. The strike is over, but tensions could persist as Saint Vincent nurses return to work with nurses hired to replace them Full story
6. California allows healthcare workers back to work after COVID-19 exposure, positive test Full story
7. A digital identity system offers secure access, reduced risks + more. Click here for 4 things you need to get started.
8. 'Emotional rollercoaster': 9 nurses describe latest COVID-19 surge Full story
9. Oregon issues hospital crisis care standards amid COVID-19 surge Full story
10. New York to require COVID-19 boosters for healthcare staff Full story
11. Your infusion center is sitting on unused capacity. Here's how to unlock it.
12. Rhode Island hospital reports COVID-19 outbreak Full story
13. CDC: Hospitalization rate among 0-4-year-olds rising Full story
14. COVID-19 hospitalizations jump 60% in 1 week: 9 CDC stats to know Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Is your organization ready for Regulation F rules? Learn how to comply here.
2. Cyberattack risks are high, but mitigation efforts can be reassuringly simple. See what they are here.
3. Recovering patient volume while staff are burnt out is a challenge. Support the return of pre-pandemic volumes with these best practices.