1. US unveils plan to boost pandemic preparedness: 4 key objectives Full story
2. Bozeman Health chair resigns after physicians' no-confidence vote Full story
3. The new era of COVID-19 surveillance Full story
4. Give patients the comfort they deserve without additional medications. Learn how one hospital is using aromatherapy as an adjunct for pain treatment
5. Police shoot, detain woman after gun incident at Billings Clinic Full story
6. Some pharmacies overwhelmed by early flu season Full story
7. HCA using 'Zen lounges' to help nurses fight burnout Full story
8. Physicians becoming harder to replace as burnout continues, study finds Full story
9. Join your colleagues in sharing your insights on the current state of clinical workflows in transplant centers and hospitals and health systems. Becker's Healthcare is conducting a survey to hear about your experience. Take this 5-minute survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost.
10. Racist behavior frequently directed at healthcare providers: analysis Full story
11. Chicago hospital resumes ambulance services after 11 years Full story
12. COVID-19 ages organs, compilation of studies finds Full story
13. 7 key variables fuel high healthcare costs. See what they are — and which are affecting your organization the most — here.
14. Saint Luke's Health System to close 2 hospitals Full story
15. 3 recent donations to medical schools over $10M Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Still scrambling to fill shifts? There's an app for that. Learn how to maintain flexible staffing here.
2. The gig economy will take a bite out of your workforce if you let it. Stay ahead on hiring trends with this report, which shows where leaders spend recruiting dollars, how they engage staff and more.
3. Healthcare's antiquated hiring processes may be deterring new talent. Onboard more candidates in less time here.