1. 'Escape variants' gain traction in US Full story
2. Washington hospital ER director leaves days after nurse calls 911 Full story
3. 'I've been blessed that I can continue practicing and doing the things I love': A Q&A with Dr. Howard Tucker, the world's oldest physician Full story
4. The patient transfer processes of old undermine clinical outcomes. Discover how University of Maryland Medical System modernized its transfer process here.
5. Wellstar urged to drop physicians' noncompetes Full story
6. The cost of nurse turnover in 23 numbers Full story
7. Physicians and locals protest McDonald's in Texas hospital Full story
8. Hawaii hospital turning away cancer patients due to staff shortages Full story
9. Today's paper trail leads to wasted time and costly errors. Everything from inventory control to billing and payments improve when digitized. Get expert advice here.
10. Ohio hospitals have cut more than 2,000 jobs since July Full story
11. Biden signs executive order to lower drug costs Full story
12. Former Duke physician behind PA profession Full story
13. Hospitals won't solve decades-old throughput challenges without innovation. See how Community Health Network is streamlining workflows and preserving clinicians' time in this step-by-step guide.
14. HHS renews COVID-19 PHE for 11th time — here's why Full story
15. Providence hospital settles allegations it failed to accommodate injured worker Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A single pressure injury can cost hospitals up to $70K. Learn how your hospital can cut pressure injuries by up to 70% here.
2. Specialty practice consolidation 101: How to balance growth with autonomy
3. 100,000 RNs left the workforce in 2021. In 2022 and beyond, hospitals should do something that should have been done long ago — improve the healthcare working environment for vital caregivers. Here's how.