1. Chicago safety net hospital under scrutiny for neglect, deaths Full story
2. WHO ramps up Ebola response: 3 updates Full story
3. University Hospitals cuts 443 administrative jobs Full story
4. Few healthcare companies can efficiently adapt in today's environment. Get 3 steps to strengthen organizational agility here.
5. Pediatric omicron boosters authorized by CDC, FDA Full story
6. 4 factors that led to monkeypox's decline Full story
7. Viewpoint: What 'quiet firing' looks like at hospitals Full story
8. Yale physician among 2022 McArthur Fellows Full story
9. A single pressure injury can cost hospitals up to $70K. Learn how your hospital can cut pressure injuries by up to 70% here.
10. Dr. Jill Kalman 1 year into being Northwell Health's 1st female chief medical officer Full story
11. 17 most common long COVID-19 symptoms: Kaiser Permanente Full story
12. Paxlovid can interact with heart medications, study suggests Full story
13. It's time for healthcare to work smarter, not harder. Learn how these 6 strategies can help decrease staff workload and improve surgeon satisfaction.
14. 3 hospitals that earned Magnet status in September Full story
15. Johns Hopkins nursing school launches policy engagement program Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Nurses waste an hour per day looking for + cleaning mobile medical equipment. Catholic Health System found a better way to manage this equipment. Here's how.
2. Is prior authorization slowing down your care processes? Learn how electronic tools allowed 71% of providers in one program to deliver faster care.
3. More than 40% of nurses say staff shortages are negatively influencing the patient experience at their hospital. Here's how your organization can protect the patient experience amid staffing strains.