1. Houston Methodist CEO 'disappointed' in Texas governor's ban on COVID-19 vaccination mandates Full story
2. Hospitalizations due to delayed care put extra stress on health systems Full story
3. COVID-19: Where we were, where we are and what could come next Full story
4. What if you could help standardize care with interactive clinical decision-making? With UpToDate® Advanced, clinicians can use UpToDate Pathways and Lab Interpretation in their workflow to support appropriate screening, diagnostic testing, treatment, and hospitalization. Learn more
5. Breakthrough infections may not pose major transmission risk, immunologists say Full story
6. Boosters are making it harder to convince unvaccinated Americans to get inoculated, report says Full story
7. Demand for heart care is rising as a cardiologist shortage looms. Here's how health systems are adapting to the specialty's top challenges.
8. Curbing violence in hospitals — strategies from 2 security experts Full story
9. Maine hospital suspends pediatric, trauma admissions Full story
10. Transplant waiting period unfair for alcoholic liver disease patients, surgeons say Full story
11. COVID-19 is still disrupting surgical services. Prevent a backlog and maintain a flexible approach with these best practices.
12. Kansas hospitals split $50M to boost nurse pay Full story
13. Scale back aspirin use in people at high risk of first heart attack, US task force says Full story
14. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Patients expect a simple way to access all of a health system's offerings. Here's the solution.
2. 4 key pivots can take your hospital’s automation to the next level— learn them here.
3. 9 steps to earn your organization a better online reputation — learn them here.