1. Vanderbilt pauses gender-affirming surgeries for minors Full story
2. Signs of winter COVID-19 surge grow Full story
3. New York City hospitals to pay $165M in physician sex abuse case Full story
4. The patient transfer processes of old undermine clinical outcomes. Discover how University of Maryland Medical System modernized its transfer process here.
5. 'It's definitely concerning': Health experts react to latest Ebola threat Full story
6. Novant Health to hire 300 international nurses Full story
7. Hospitalwide outages still plaguing CommonSpirit hospitals Full story
8. Viral 'one chip challenge' sending kids to hospital Full story
9. Staff shortages complicate traditional pressure injury prevention. Here are proactive interventions that aren't as prone to shortages.
10. 70% of US physicians believe gun laws too lax: Medscape Full story
11. Sore throat becoming most common COVID-19 symptom Full story
12. Why hospitals won't keep universal masking around forever Full story
13. Traditional approaches to hospital operations can't meet today's capacity management challenges. Here's what UCSD Moores Cancer Center did to cut no-show rates by 50%.
14. Nearly 900 flu patients hospitalized last week: 7 notes from the CDC's flu report Full story
15. 5 recent chief medical, nursing officer moves Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Healthcare's antiquated hiring processes may be deterring new talent. Onboard more candidates in less time here.
2. Nurses waste an hour per day looking for + cleaning mobile medical equipment. Catholic Health System found a better way to manage this equipment. Here's how.
3. Is prior authorization slowing down your care processes? Learn how electronic tools allowed 71% of providers in one program to deliver faster care.