1. Hospitals paying $24B more for clinical labor amid COVID-19 pandemic Full story
2. AMA recognizes 44 systems for clinician burnout efforts Full story
3. Daily COVID-19 cases in Florida, Mississippi drop 50% in 2 weeks: 9 things to know Full story
4. Aberdeen surveyed 1,357 healthcare organizations about the top challenges they face with customer operations activities. Learn the five pillars that must be established to maximize customer operations results. Get the report
5. WHO recommends first malaria vaccine Full story
6. How vaccination rates are changing in each state: Up in 46, down in 3 Full story
7. A new standard of care is emerging. Join clinical leaders for a discussion on which models of care delivery hospitals are prioritizing to stay ahead.
8. Connecticut hospital settles with feds over disability discrimination allegation Full story
9. Viewpoint: When telling the truth harms patients Full story
10. Striking Saint Vincent nurses should no longer receive unemployment benefits, state rules Full story
11. Outsmart the OR conundrum. Find the right equation that matches anesthesia coverage and staffing with surgeon demand.
12. University Hospitals to transition some non-patient care nursing staff to bedside roles Full story
13. 10 hospitals hiring chief quality officers Full story
14. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Don't let poor data steer your patient engagement strategy in the wrong direction. Here's how to figure out what's working, what isn't and where to go from there.
2. Medical knowledge doubles every 73 days. Learn 3 ways to help your clinical teams keep up here.
3. There are 3 steps needed to improve the patient financial experience — learn them here.