1. Hospital leaders meet at White House to talk 'twindemic' strategies Full story
2. US COVID-19 cases to jump 10% in next 2 weeks, Mayo forecasts Full story
3. MUSC employee dies in Charleston hospital Full story
4. Yesterday's strategy won't keep your hospital afloat in today's economy. Get expert tips on preparing for market shifts and securing hospital finances.
5. Dr. Saadia Sherwani on her first 6 months as Northwestern Memorial's chief medical officer Full story
6. U of Michigan to invest $273M in nursing compensation Full story
7. Pharmacists can now administer monkeypox vaccine, HHS says Full story
8. New California law ensures meal breaks for patient care workers Full story
9. There's another option for negative pressure wound therapy that your organization may be overlooking. See what it is here.
10. University of Iowa nurses protest increased patient load Full story
11. Optum, Change Healthcare complete $7.8B merger Full story
12. 7 recent medical school partnerships Full story
13. The post-call center era is imminent. See how systems can slash call volumes and empower patient self-service here.
14. CDC revises 'up to date' term on COVID-19 vaccination Full story
15. 6 recent chief medical, nursing officer moves Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What digital options do patients really expect out of healthcare organizations? These patient survey findings offer a roadmap for where to direct resources.
2. Still scrambling to fill shifts? There's an app for that. Learn how to maintain flexible staffing here.
3. The gig economy will take a bite out of your workforce if you let it. Stay ahead on hiring trends with this report, which shows where leaders spend recruiting dollars, how they engage staff and more.