1. Hospitals face evacuations, water disruptions amid Ian: 3 updates Full story
2. Duke LifePoint hospital under CMS review for alleged EMTALA violations Full story
3. 362 statistics on nursing compensation | 2022 Full story
4. Alarm fatigue burdens your staff and risks patient health. Staff shortages and new tech make continuous monitoring worth a closer look.
5. Iowa hospital closes, lays off 151 workers Full story
6. Trial date set for Kentucky nurse charged in patient's death Full story
7. CDC issues health alert on severe monkeypox illness: 5 updates Full story
8. Chicago nurses set to strike Full story
9. Join your colleagues in sharing your insights on operational, IT and clinical resiliency in hospitals and health systems. Becker's Healthcare is conducting a survey to hear about your experience. Take this 5-minute survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost.
10. 5 unanswered questions about COVID-19 Full story
11. Michigan health system to make 'several hundred' job cuts Full story
12. The 5 most pressing drug shortages in the US Full story
13. Slow behavioral health adopters are doing patients a disservice. Catch up on how organizations are integrating it into the medical journey here.
14. California hospital launches 'fast track' emergency department Full story
15. Stanford Medicine exec: Why hospitals need a wellness chief Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The right approach will cut hospitals' strategic + operational risks in the customer-centric landscape. KPMG experts share how here.
2. It's time for health systems to think outside of the inpatient care model. Meet patients where they're at and reap the benefits of serving high-acuity patients at home.
3. With 29% of nurses planning to exit the profession, health systems can't afford to revert to old staffing techniques. Learn how tech-backed partnerships can help close the growing nurse-to-patient ratio gap.