1. Houston Methodist reports flu levels not usually seen until December Full story
2. When does this count as a crisis, physicians ask of capacity issues at children's hospitals Full story
3. How nursing schools are tackling high nurse practitioner demand Full story
4. 42% of hospital curtains in the U.S. were found to be contaminated with VRE and 22% with MRSA. Are you cleaning your curtains enough? Click here to view the guide for curtain cleaning best practices.
5. Bon Secours responds to New York Times article regarding 'profit over patients' Full story
6. Strike by mental health workers looms at Minnesota hospitals Full story
7. US health departments elevate polio detection efforts Full story
8. Mark Cuban's pharmacy teams up with 1st PBM, won't make its own Full story
9. There's another option for negative pressure wound therapy that your organization may be overlooking. See what it is here.
10. Physicians urge more research into STI tied to infertility Full story
11. California training program helps nurses level up in salary Full story
12. 4 things to know about enterovirus D68 Full story
13. Ortho bundled payments come with risks. Are they worth it? Surgeons from Rothman, NYU Langone + other top tier systems lay out the pros and cons.
14. Texas medical school, Ascension Seton see 55% increase in residents Full story
15. Biogen's Alzheimer's drug slowed cognitive decline by 27% Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 71% of patients are frustrated with their healthcare experience. Here are tools to scale positive engagement with your health system.
2. A single pressure injury can cost hospitals up to $70K. Learn how your hospital can cut pressure injuries by up to 70% here.
3. The value of personalized medicine is clear, but putting it into action is challenging. Kick personalized medicine into gear at your organization with this road map.