1. Alaska enacts crisis standards of care Full story
2. FDA decision means Pfizer boosters for healthcare workers: 5 things to know Full story
3. Pandemic surgery delays exact an emotional toll, too, physicians say Full story
4. What if you could help standardize care with interactive clinical decision-making? With UpToDate® Advanced, clinicians can use UpToDate Pathways and Lab Interpretation in their workflow to support appropriate screening, diagnostic testing, treatment, and hospitalization. Learn more.
5. Why skipping flu shot amid pandemic is risky — 8 things to know about upcoming flu season Full story
6. Delta now dominant globally; CDC updates variant labels — 5 updates Full story
7. Is your OR ready for a post-surge caseload? The right tools + tech can expand capacity. Find out here.
8. HCA's Dr. Jonathan Perlin named Joint Commission's next president Full story
9. In unusual vaccine push, fake funeral home redirects visitors to urgent cares for shots Full story
10. Henry Ford Health goes international with nurse recruiting Full story
11. Parents are using telehealth for pediatric care amid COVID-19. Hear experts from Nemours Children’s explain why they like it.
12. New cases up 80% in Wisconsin; Alaska reports highest case ratio per capita — 8 COVID-19 trends Full story
13. South Carolina health system hires 80+ travel nurses in a month Full story
14. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Paying physicians is complicated. Here's how your hospital can simplify the process.
2. Patients expect a streamlined connection with providers. Learn how to automate and save money.
3. 3 in 4 patients want online scheduling. Are you meeting their needs? Learn the state of patient access in a pandemic-changed world.