1. How family members are filling nursing gaps Full story
2. New York hospital used unapproved product in surgeries before FDA warning: NYT Full story
3. Early signs indicate COVID-19 is plateauing Full story
4. Reducing LOS is too often a goal without a plan. The proven strategies to streamline discharges + safeguard quality patient care — here.
5. Maryland CNA sentenced to 25 years after patient death Full story
6. U of Texas offers nation's 1st dual degree in medicine and AI Full story
7. Hospital staff flu shot rates, by state Full story
8. New Jersey hospital gets union restraining order amid strike Full story
9. At Baptist, Rady Children's & Grady Health, staffing and health equity strategies are complementary. Hear their method to growing a diverse workforce in this session.
10. Why some frustrated employees are 'rage applying' Full story
11. The condition behind 10.8M 'avoidable' deaths a year Full story
12. Penn Medicine tests experimental Lyme disease vaccine Full story
13. EHR training doesn't have to be a necessary evil. See how Froedtert is slashing training time and improving the EHR onboarding experience here.
14. How Emory School of Nursing will address staffing crisis in Georgia Full story
15. CDC awards university $17.5M for pandemic preparedness work Full story
16. Learning Opportunity: How to keep up with all the new information on COVID-19 testing and treatment? Dive into these 1-page snapshots on Paxlovid, boosters, variants, long COVID-19 and more.
17. Learning Opportunity: Maintaining value sets can be time consuming for healthcare organizations. Learn a better way to create and edit them here.
18.here. Learning Opportunity: Pressure injuries can cost up to $11.9B annually. See how Stanford Medical Center was able to slash pressure injuries