1. 'Wish this was true': Physicians react to declaration that pandemic is over Full story
2. Dr. Amy Compton-Phillips leaves Providence Full story
3. California hospital employee stabbed, police say Full story
4. Join your colleagues in sharing your insights on the current state of clinical workflows in transplant centers and hospitals and health systems. Becker's Healthcare is conducting a survey to hear about your experience. Take this 5-minute survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost.
5. Texas hospital's longest-serving nurse to retire after 45 years Full story
6. CDC: More than 80% of maternal deaths are preventable Full story
7. Ohio hospital to lay off 978 employees Full story
8. Viewpoint: Workers not actually 'quiet quitting' Full story
9. Network breaches in healthcare make headlines daily. Uncover what organizations' solutions are missing during this discussion.
10. Top 10 surgery residency programs, as ranked by physicians Full story
11. Sentara, Bon Secours bolster security as workplace violence heightens Full story
12. Unclear eligibility for monkeypox vaccines could impede care Full story
13. Pressure injuries are still affecting 2.5 million patients a year. Experts review new findings to help hospitals cut the risk and cost burden here.
14. 20% of hospitalized COVID-19 patients have symptoms 2 years later, study finds Full story
15. 2 omicron offshoots to keep an eye on Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Language barriers silo providers and patients alike. Get tips on breaking down language barriers and implementing preferred-language communication here.
2. 10 to 30% of appointment slots go unfilled each day. Here are the 7 tools your system needs to fill these gaps and drive revenue.
3. Don't let miscommunication be your hospital's downfall. Learn how to identify friction in communication and avoid missteps using technology.