1. 'The pandemic is over,' Biden says Full story
2. Viewpoint: Stop treating nurses like selfless mothers Full story
3. Nurse accuses staffing agency of coercing foreign employees to work under unsafe conditions Full story
4. Pressure injuries are still affecting 2.5 million patients a year. Experts review new findings to help hospitals cut the risk and cost burden here.
5. New monkeypox cases down 50%: 5 updates Full story
6. 'Patient care is my first love': Dr. Aimee Becker on leading UW Health during COVID-19 and beyond Full story
7. The polio vaccination loophole: Human negligence Full story
8. Protesters, counterdemonstrators face off at Boston Children's over transgender care Full story
9. Network breaches in healthcare make headlines daily. Uncover what organizations' solutions are missing during this discussion.
10. Hospitals prioritize flexible design to fare better in future disease outbreaks Full story
11. Oregon health system lifts employee vaccine requirements Full story
12. 3 COVID-19 forecasts to know this week Full story
13. Keep virtual care's growth from burdening clinicians. Clinicians will share what they expect from organizations when new technology is integrated here.
14. More than 60% of physicians experienced burnout in 2021, study finds Full story
15. 5 recent chief medical, nursing officer moves Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Dividing quality by cost is no longer a feasible way to measure value. Get a new equation to advance patient care + control costs here.
2. 100,000 RNs left the workforce in 2021. In 2022 and beyond, hospitals should do something that should have been done long ago — improve the healthcare working environment for vital caregivers. Here's how.
3. Health systems like Intermountain and Northwell are transforming the patient experience. Join them with these 5 steps for accelerating patient experience innovation.