1. Montana hospital enacts crisis standards of care; state updates guidance for hospitals Full story
2. 125 unvaccinated employees leave IU Health Full story
3. Nursing skills gap growing in hospitals Full story
4. Parents are using telehealth for pediatric care amid COVID-19. Hear experts from Nemours Children’s explain why they like it.
5. Off-shift nurse delivers baby in Sparrow Hospital's parking ramp elevator Full story
6. Sept. 17 is WHO's World Patient Safety Day: 6 notes Full story
7. It's time for hospitals to revisit their PPE supply chain strategy. Click here for tips on avoiding future shortages.
8. Children's Hospital Colorado scales back services amid staff shortage Full story
9. Nurses leave rural hospitals for travel jobs as pandemic widens 'every fracture' in system Full story
10. Employee vaccination status: To badge or not to badge — health system leaders share thoughts Full story
11. There are 4 key steps to building up your healthcare team's resilience. See what they are here.
12. Family of ER physician who died by suicide lobbies for clinician mental health bill Full story
13. NYU Langone gets $470M to support national long COVID-19 research Full story
14. Texas physician's sudden retirement leaves patients struggling to get medical records Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Your hospital's vendor access is probably disorganized. Here's how to standardize it + ensure HIPAA compliance.
2. COVID-19 altered the retirement timetable. Read the 2021 Retirement Survey Report to learn how health systems can respond.
3. Meaningful patient experience improvements go beyond satisfaction surveys. Click here for 4 bold thoughts to kickstart real change.