1. Iowa nurse fired for incorrectly administering monkeypox shots Full story
2. Ben Taub Hospital detects Legionella in water supply Full story
3. End of pandemic 'in sight,' WHO says: 4 COVID-19 updates Full story
4. Join your colleagues in sharing your insights on operational, IT and clinical resiliency in hospitals and health systems. Becker's Healthcare is conducting a survey to hear about your experience. Take this 5-minute survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost.
5. Don't overprescribe monkeypox treatment, FDA warns physicians Full story
6. World's top 5 hospitals in 11 specialties, ranked by Newsweek Full story
7. Man faces charge of assaulting West Virginia hospital nurse Full story
8. Joint Commission to conduct review of requirements Full story
9. ASCs are leaving money on the table with outdated revenue cycle management. Here's an easy-to-apply, 5-step solution.
10. NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens Hospital settles unnecessary care allegations for $2.5M Full story
11. 5 systems seeking chief quality officers Full story
12. HHS expected to renew COVID-19 PHE for 11th time Full story
13. Saint Luke's Health System revamped its OR scheduling process and increased cases by 7 percent. Here's how.
14. Alabama hospital CEO resigns Full story
15. Top 10 family medicine residency programs, ranked by physicians Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. It's time for healthcare to work smarter, not harder. Learn how these 6 strategies can help decrease staff workload and improve surgeon satisfaction.
2. Few healthcare companies can efficiently adapt in today's environment. Get 3 steps to strengthen organizational agility here.
3. Dividing quality by cost is no longer a feasible way to measure value. Get a new equation to advance patient care + control costs here.