1. US News' 21 best BSN programs for 2022-23 Full story
2. Nurse practitioner will be fastest-growing job over next decade Full story
3. Medical board suspends Texas physician connected to tampered IV bags, colleague's death Full story
4. Problem? Burnout. Solution? Awareness and action. With 61% of healthcare workers reporting at least one symptom of burnout, this webinar is helping organizations invest in their clinicians. Watch it here.
5. Dr. Ashish Jha: Get COVID-19 boosters by Halloween Full story
6. Monkeypox likely won't cause reinfection, experts say: 4 outbreak updates Full story
7. UTMB releases records on president's abrupt exit Full story
8. New Jersey hospital to close under proposed deal Full story
9. Join your colleagues in sharing your insights on operational, IT and clinical resiliency in hospitals and health systems. Becker's Healthcare is conducting a survey to hear about your experience. Take this 5-minute survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost.
10. 7 hospitals seeking chief medical officers Full story
11. Illinois children's hospitals struggle to keep beds open amid 'skyrocketing' influx of kids with respiratory illness Full story
12. COVID-19 admissions to remain stable through September, CDC forecasts Full story
13. Pressure injuries are still affecting 2.5 million patients a year. Experts review new findings to help hospitals cut the risk and cost burden here.
14. Loss of smell from COVID-19 may be permanent for some, small study suggests Full story
15. Top 10 emergency medicine residency programs, ranked by physicians Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Language barriers silo providers and patients alike. Get tips on breaking down language barriers and implementing preferred-language communication here.
2. 10 to 30% of appointment slots go unfilled each day. Here are the 7 tools your system needs to fill these gaps and drive revenue.
3. What should healthcare's technology revolution look like at your health system? Read this recent innovation report and chart a course to a more interconnected future.