1. Wisconsin health system: Some unvaccinated workers face new deadline Full story
2. California health officials investigate US' 2nd possible monkeypox death: 5 outbreak updates Full story
3. Top 10 internal medicine residencies, ranked by physicians Full story
4. Join your colleagues in sharing your insights on operational, IT and clinical resiliency in hospitals and health systems. Becker's Healthcare is conducting a survey to hear about your experience. Take this 5-minute survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost.
5. Medical groups warn of patient safety risks post-Roe Full story
6. How Johns Hopkins, Banner + 2 other systems support employees' mental health Full story
7. Pharmacists aren't the 'doctor police': Walmart argues against growing opioid cases Full story
8. Nurses liable for patient harm carried out under physicians' orders, North Carolina court rules Full story
9. Problem? Burnout. Solution? Awareness and action. With 61% of healthcare workers reporting at least one symptom of burnout, this webinar is helping organizations invest in their clinicians. Watch it here.
10. Bakersfield Heart Hospital laying off 114 employees Full story
11. Talks of staffing shortages, leadership and the Omicron variant with Dr. Michael Anderson Full story
12. U of Maryland Medical System debuts nursing program that puts students at patients' bedside Full story
13. There's another option for negative pressure wound therapy that your organization may be overlooking. See what it is here.
14. New findings reinforce lingering virus as long COVID-19 cause: 3 latest updates Full story
15. 15 best, worst cities to retire Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Healthcare's latest transformation puts finance staff at the forefront of decision making. Unpack how your finance team can enhance outcomes for stakeholders here.
2. Don't let disruption disrupt your hospital. Effectively manage change with tips from this checklist.
3. It's time for healthcare to work smarter, not harder. Learn how these 6 strategies can help decrease staff workload and improve surgeon satisfaction.