1. One physician's case for refusing to treat unvaccinated patients in person Full story
2. 8 hospitals, health systems halting nonemergency surgeries this month Full story
3. How vaccination rates are changing in each state: Up in 18, down in 32 Full story
4. 7 strategies for mitigating understaffing. Download the eBook.
5. CDC, AmeriCorps aim to boost public health workforce Full story
6. Ohio nurses wait months for license approval amid COVID-19, staff shortages Full story
7. Hospitals should fuse identity and access management tools— hear a CIO explain why.
8. RN salary by state — California is No. 1 at $120,560 Full story
9. Alabama providers unlawfully accessed state's registry to verify employees' vaccination status, AG says Full story
10. Pandemic significantly reversed progress against other global diseases: 5 report notes Full story
11. Is your OR ready for a post-surge caseload? The right tools + tech can expand capacity. Find out here.
12. South Carolina system terminates employee unvaccinated by system deadline Full story
13. 'Not much incentive to stay' in state as a nurse, Alabama Nurses Association president says Full story
14. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Freeing up clinicians' time and improving medication access can be a one-two punch. Learn how here.
2. From Tvs to the EHR. Here's how Intermountain Healthcare got telehealth in every room.
3. Healthcare staffing needs a reckoning. Learn how to rethink your workforce model and why not doing so will cost you more.