1. 6 CMOs on their most pressing issues Full story
2. Physicians worry lookalike labels on original, updated COVID-19 shots may lead to errors: 3 notes Full story
3. IU Health prepares with stricter abortion law set to take effect Full story
4. HAIs have risen amid COVID-19. Hear 2 infection control experts weigh in on the power of hypervigilant infection prevention during this live virtual session.
5. Mark Cuban's pharmacy nears 1 million customers Full story
6. Nurse charged with felony over failure to report medical error Full story
7. Hospital-at-home will fail without effective patient monitoring. See how Northwell and 3 other systems are leveling up this capability here.
8. 'Quiet quitters' make up at least 50% of workforce: Gallup Full story
9. U of Pittsburgh cardiologist loses lawsuit against school over op-ed Full story
10. The mystery of omicron's stalled growth Full story
11. Simply starting discharge planning upon a patient's admission won't bring desired results. To truly improve throughput — without sacrificing patient experience — try these strategies.
12. How disease outbreaks made wastewater surveillance more targeted Full story
13. 6 schools launching nursing programs Full story
14. Viewpoint: Health equity can't be achieved without nurses Full story
15. 9 best health systems to work for: Fortune Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 50% of hospitalizations occur within 7.5 days of an ED discharge. See how hospitals can close care gaps after an ED visit to improve outcomes and lower costs here.
2. Maternal mortality rates increased by over 3% in 2020. Learn how to lower that number with telehealth.
3. For years, the GI industry has been looking for ways to decrease infection during ERCP procedures. 53% of patients are less likely to be readmitted to the hospital when treated with this device.