1. Healthcare workers, once cheered as heroes, now threatened and harassed Full story
2. Pandemic fueled big jump in healthcare-associated infections, CDC finds Full story
3. 'We never had a chance to take a breath': 8 nurses on latest COVID-19 surge Full story
4. How to reduce DVT risk in outpatient surgery patients with at-home compression therapy
5. Child COVID-19 cases, by state Full story
6. Surgical masks prevent COVID-19's spread, 'gold standard' study finds Full story
7. Patients demand the highest quality and best outcomes. Click here to join ASC experts leading the way.
8. FDA advisory panel to discuss Pfizer booster dose Sept. 17 Full story
9. 30% of nurses would quit over vaccine mandate, Ohio union says Full story
10. 4 hospitals setting up overflow tents amid COVID-19 surge Full story
11. Elective surgery pauses are back. See how Spectrum, St Michael’s Ambulatory Surgery are managing backlogs and preparing for future disruptions here.
12. COVID-19 may lead to significant spike in dementia rates, Alzheimer's group says Full story
13. 6 nursing schools launching accelerated programs amid shortage Full story
14. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Do your diversity and inclusion efforts touch vendor sourcing? Here's why they should.
2. So much healthcare data. So little insight. Click here for the step-by-step guide to leveraging that data and improving patient care.
3. How are providers combatting healthcare’s affordability crisis? Check out these 11 must-reads.