1. WHO monitoring mysterious pneumonia in Argentina tied to 9 cases, 3 deaths Full story
2. US bets on omicron boosters heading into 3rd COVID-19 fall: 4 updates Full story
3. 'A total disruptor to how we do business': Cleveland Clinic's new patient experience metric Full story
4. Learn how FirsNet®, the wireless network with the nation's largest coverage footprint, helps make your work easier and more effective, taken from their just-released eBook, "Connecting Healthcare When and Where it Matters Most."
5. 15,000 Minnesota nurses plan strike Full story
6. Iowa hospital to close in October Full story
7. Ochsner physician saves 70-year-old who had heart attack at airport baggage claim Full story
8. Vanderbilt launches program for diverse nurse leaders Full story
9. Saint Luke's Health System revamped its OR scheduling process and increased cases by 7 percent. Here's how.
10. Children's hospitals' latest challenge: Harassment campaigns Full story
11. Mississippi hospital to lay off staff, curb care Full story
12. These 4 states offer loan forgiveness programs for medical students Full story
13. HAIs have risen amid COVID-19. Hear 2 infection control experts weigh in on the power of hypervigilant infection prevention during this live virtual session.
14. Trinity hospital opens 'serenity suite' for staff Full story
15. 4 health systems retaining talent with perks beyond pay Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Healthcare organizations are wasting millions of dollars on workflow inefficiencies and data inaccuracies across provider networks. One powerful platform can help connect your payer ecosystem.
2. Hospitals need high-performing EHRs, but many can't afford to upgrade to a new system amid crushing margin pressure. Click here to learn how to keep your hospital EHR in peak condition without burdensome costs.
3. Language barriers silo providers and patients alike. Get tips on breaking down language barriers and implementing preferred-language communication here.