1. WHO adds new strain 'mu' to its variants of concern list Full story
2. Nursing group urges HHS to declare staffing shortage a national crisis Full story
3. Breakthrough infections less likely to lead to long COVID-19, study finds Full story
4. Are you in a staffing crisis? Join 5 leading CNEs as they discuss navigating today’s labor challenges. Register here for this free virtual event.
5. COVID-19 cases jump in Tennessee, South Carolina; US hospitalizations drop as deaths rise — 8 updates Full story
6. Number of adults who oppose COVID-19 vaccine at new low, poll finds Full story
7. Join us for a webinar on the ugly legal side of IV therapy. Learn how continuous IV site monitoring can ease the stress on your hospital. Register here
8. Courts decide whether hospitals can deny ivermectin Full story
9. COVID-19 surge forces UNC Rex to delay opening new hospital Full story
10. Pandemic to keep US death rates up, births lagging through 2023: 5 government findings Full story
11. Children's Health in Dallas changed its rooms to combat the pediatric mental health crisis — Click here to learn how.
12. 4 updates on the US medical oxygen supply Full story
13. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 18,000 consumers weighed in on customer experience preferences. Here are 4 need-to-know takeaways for healthcare organizations.
2. Can analytics solve hospitals' capacity issues? Here's what leaders from CommonSpirit, Mount Sinai and others think.
3. Patients deserve to get the most out of their care. Here's how to make sure they do.