1. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
2. Pandemic will be controlled in 6 months, most Americans predict; CDC shares data on healthcare worker infections — 5 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. HCA hospital staff link device malfunction, patient death to understaffing Full story
4. Humana leveraged AI to create a data-driven network for participating providers. Click here to learn how they did it and how it has changed interactions with providers.
5. Texas hospital cancels electives, diverts new patients amid power failure Full story
6. CVS leader told staff not to alert patients their prescriptions were filled by employee with COVID-19, report says Full story
7. Do frustrated patients call your office with billing questions? Join industry efforts to learn how leading providers have solved that problem.
8. Pandemic has varying effects on antibiotic use, new studies show Full story
9. 7 recent hospital CMO, CNO moves Full story
10. SUNY Downstate faces 4th lawsuit alleging inadequate cardiac patient care, retaliation against surgeons Full story
11. Getting a handle on governance, risk and compliance requires a coordinated strategy with technology at its core. Click here to learn how addressing GRC will maximize safety, quality and reimbursement.
12. 495 healthcare facilities recognized as LGBTQ healthcare equality leaders Full story
13. 10 top infection control, patient safety stories in August Full story