1. Violating EMTALA, state abortion bans: What's at stake for physicians, hospitals Full story
2. How hospitals are responding to the water crisis in Mississippi Full story
3. 17 hospitals scaling back care Full story
4. 42% of hospital curtains in the U.S. were found to be contaminated with VRE and 22% with MRSA. Are you cleaning your curtains enough? Click here to view the guide for curtain cleaning best practices.
5. FDA authorizes Pfizer, Moderna's omicron boosters Full story
6. Police investigate report of bomb threat at Boston Children's Full story
7. Problem? Burnout. Solution? Awareness and action. With 61% of healthcare workers reporting at least one symptom of burnout, this webinar is helping organizations invest in their clinicians. Watch it here.
8. The lesser discussed phenomenon of 'quiet firing' Full story
9. 11 clinical quality leaders on fall priorities Full story
10. Hand-bell system leads to patient death at New Mexico hospital Full story
11. HAIs have risen amid COVID-19. Hear 2 infection control experts weigh in on the power of hypervigilant infection prevention during this live virtual session.
12. Lawsuit accuses Kaiser Permanente medical school of discrimination Full story
13. C. diff rates fell during COVID-19, study finds Full story
14. 1st US monkeypox death confirmed as cases top 18K: 5 latest updates Full story
15. 7 systems seeking chief quality officers Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Prevent surgical infection with antiseptic preparation
2. The only way health systems can stay competitive and fiscally stable is by supporting frontline nurses. Find out how here.
3. A rise in ransomware is making it harder for healthcare organizations to secure cyber insurance. Get tips to secure affordable coverage here.