1. COVID-19 deaths, hospitalizations hit all-time high in Florida Full story
2. Physicians see more critically ill pregnant women as ICU beds fill up in the US Full story
3. South Dakota health system offers $40K signing bonus to nurses Full story
4. Chief quality officers on how they're preparing for CMS' new glycemic management measures. Here's what your hospital needs to know.
5. US to offer COVID-19 boosters after 6 months instead of 8 Full story
6. 'Horrific working conditions' & 'no end' in sight: 3 nurses tell NYT what working this surge is like Full story
7. The patient transfer process is still ridden with inefficiencies. Learn how to simplify referrals for patients and providers here.
8. Delta variant prevalence, by state Full story
9. 'Elective injuries': Viral 'Milk Crate Challenge' sending people to ER Full story
10. HCA opens new nursing campus Full story
11. Elective surgery pauses are back. See how Spectrum, St Michael’s Ambulatory Surgery are managing backlogs and preparing for future disruptions here.
12. Should vaccine status influence a patient's treatment? 4 hospital associations weigh in Full story
13. Hospitals are requesting refrigerated trucks in case COVID-19 deaths spike Full story
14. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Take the headaches out of OR scheduling. Learn how to streamline the process in this 5-page guide.
2. Don't let bills scare patients. Read how Banner, Methodist and others apply a healing touch to their billing.
3. The drug price changes hospitals need to know for the next 18 months.