1. Kentucky nurse charged with murder in death of patient Full story
2. Abortions not covered by EMTALA in Texas hospitals, judge rules Full story
3. Monkeypox touches all 50 states as cases near 16K: 4 updates Full story
4. TempTraq is a continuous temperature monitoring patch for patients, clinically proven to detect fevers earlier than the standard of care. Explore the benefits.
5. Garnet Health to lay off 29 employees with closure of physician practices Full story
6. 7 travel nurse pay trends for healthcare leaders to know Full story
7. With hospitals closing ORs every day due to staff shortages, outdated block management strategies can no longer be overlooked. This modern approach can maximize OR utilization.
8. Providence workers to picket over payroll issues Full story
9. New omicron offshoot ticks up in US: 4 notes Full story
10. Ahead of a possibly severe flu season, pharmacies' flu shot campaigns begin Full story
11. Innovation in heart care: How Tampa General Hospital leveraged virtual technology to boost patient engagement and mitigate staff shortages. Click here to attend the virtual session.
12. Judge tosses lawsuit against Maine COVID-19 vaccination mandate Full story
13. 5 states with highest, lowest CAUTI rates Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Telehealth shouldn't require piecemeal technology to work. 35 clinics in Missouri simplified virtual care for patients and staff. Here's how.
2. The only way health systems can stay competitive and fiscally stable is by supporting frontline nurses. Find out how here.
3. Prevent surgical infection with antiseptic preparation.