1. Asymptomatic monkeypox spread possible, study suggests: 4 updates Full story
2. Pfizer's antiviral drug could result in 'Paxlovid mouth' Full story
3. Memphis hospital placed on lockdown in wake of nearby shooting Full story
4. High Stakes, Minimal Resources – That's the reality of modern-day ICU Nurses. We collected tips on how to sustain your mind, body, and spirit in Critical Care. Click for more!
5. 80% of staff contracted COVID-19 in July, California hospital says Full story
6. Waning immunity, not BA.5, fueling most COVID-19 reinfections, data suggests Full story
7. It's impossible to drive revenue with disengaged patients. Click here for the tools needed to reduce patient enrollment time by more than 20%.
8. 15,000 Minnesota nurses authorize strike Full story
9. 5 systems launching residency programs Full story
10. Press Ganey to add nurse award nominations to patient surveys Full story
11. Awareness isn't solving disparities in care outcomes. Get a stronger framework to address equity gaps here.
12. A $7.8 trillion work problem festers Full story
13. 8 leaders on health equity priorities for the rest of 2022 Full story
14. Initial diagnoses can sway physicians' 2nd opinions, study suggests Full story
15. 10 systems hiring chief medical officers Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Physicians spend 2 hours with the EHR for every 1 hour of patient care. Give them the chance to spend more time bedside. Here's how.
2. Hospitals are becoming more dangerous - almost half of nurses report experiencing physical violence during the pandemic. Monitor staff safety with real-time location services.
3. Telehealth shouldn't require piecemeal technology to work. 35 clinics in Missouri simplified virtual care for patients and staff. Here's how.