1. New US COVID-19 cases up 875.6% from June; many highly vaccinated areas now high-risk Full story
2. Don't let the term 'elective' fool you, physicians urge the public Full story
3. FDA authorizes COVID-19 booster for immunocompromised people Full story
4. Infusion center scheduling is a game of Tetris. Here's how Novant Health played it right.
5. Mississippi health officials ask federal government for help, say state's hospital system on brink Full story
6. State of the nursing shortage: 7 notes Full story
7. The right tech can accelerate patient care. Click here to learn how the best health systems are scaling genetic testing.
8. About half of COVID-19 patients at Texas Children's also have RSV Full story
9. Lee Health offers nurses up to $6K for working extra shifts Full story
10. Missouri hospital may be beyond peak as COVID-19 numbers stabilize, leader says Full story
11. Success stories + common pitfalls: How to actually reduce readmissions
12. Dallas hospital transfers 23 pregnant patients amid staffing challenges Full story
13. Previous CMS clerical error may cost US nursing schools millions Full story
14. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. No coding skills? No problem. Learn how leaders can harness no-code software to transform healthcare workflows in this 5-part guide.
2. Your hospital's vendor access is probably disorganized. Here's how to standardize it + ensure HIPPA compliance.
3. COVID-19 altered the retirement timetable. Read the 2021 Retirement Survey Report to learn how health systems can respond.