1. Surge in infectious diseases was inevitable, Dr. Michael Osterholm says Full story
2. CDC does away with quarantine: 5 notes on updated COVID-19 guidance Full story
3. Dr. Marc Harrsion leaving Intermountain for General Catalyst Full story
4. Even the strongest rural healthcare providers face threats to their bottom line. See the tools and strategies they're using to improve revenue capture and financial performance here.
5. Walgreens offers $75K bonus for some pharmacists Full story
6. Monkeypox cases, state by state Full story
7. Hospitals are losing revenue and misallocating resources with OR mismanagement. Here are 3 tips to maximize capacity.
8. Beaumont taps experienced nurse to lead 3 hospitals Full story
9. Reinfection with BA.2.75 unlikely after bout with BA.5, experts say Full story
10. NewYork-Presbyterian CXO: Patient experience is rebounding, but our work is not over Full story
11. It takes more than a cure to satisfy a patient. They're looking for a hassle-free experience. Here's how to deliver it.
12. 15,000 Minnesota nurses move toward possible strike Full story
13. Johns Hopkins debuts free course on infectious disease transmission Full story
14. Seattle hospital to stop taking nonurgent patients over capacity issues Full story
15. 10 best hospitals for gynecology, obstetrics: US News Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Health plans are at the center of a healthcare transformation. These 10 articles offer payers insights on how the industry is evolving.
2. 63% of providers say their consent process leaves them at risk. E-signatures make the intake process safer and more convenient. Get the definitive report.
3. Virtual care has transformed from a luxury to a must-have. Here are 4 tips on closing the gap on virtual care delivery.