1. Breakthrough COVID-19 infection risk may differ with vaccine type, early Mayo Clinic research suggests Full story
2. At least 53 Texas hospitals hit ICU capacity Full story
3. COVID-19 vaccine not tied to miscarriage, updated CDC guidance says Full story
4. Say goodbye to wound complications — see how 2 practices are rethinking incision management for better outcomes here.
5. Breakthrough COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths by state, per NYT Full story
6. 28 hospitals hiring CNOs Full story
7. What tech solutions are helping hospitals + health systems stay on top of mission critical goals? Becker's surveyed dozens of execs to find out. Click here to read the brief summary.
8. Seattle Children's CEO, board chair face calls to resign Full story
9. California becomes 1st state to mandate COVID-19 vaccinations for school staff Full story
10. Employee badges to identify vaccination status a hit, Wisconsin health system says Full story
11. The right tech can accelerate patient care. Click here to learn how the best health systems are scaling genetic testing.
12. Local leaders defy governors banning mask mandates Full story
13. 111 statistics on physician compensation | 2021 Full story
14. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Digital transformation for population health: Empower clinicians, improve outcomes and optimize reimbursement with intelligent automation
2. The drug price changes hospitals need to know for the next 18 months.
3. Don't let bills scare patients. Read how Banner, Methodist and others apply a healing touch to their billing.