1. Hospitals' uncomfortably high tolerance for errors Full story
2. 10 states with the largest increases to travel nurse pay Full story
3. FDA to stretch supplies of monkeypox vaccine: 4 outbreak updates Full story
4. 1 in 4 adults suffer from chronic knee pain, but relying on opioids to treat it is unsustainable and dangerous. Here's two leaders' non-opioid solution.
5. 1 state with no known monkeypox cases Full story
6. US hits COVID-19 plateau: 4 updates Full story
7. St. Joseph's Health is on a quest to "wow" urgent care patients. See how the system is using new tools — paired with a new urgent care center — to create a more streamlined healthcare experience.
8. Adventist Health lays off staff Full story
9. Hospitals concerned about staff retention, recruiting in wake of Roe reversal Full story
10. 9 hospitals hiring chief medical officers Full story
11. COVID-19 greatly affected health systems everywhere – but by how much? Get a data-driven look at the pandemic's impact here.
12. Duke LifePoint hospital to retain Medicare contract Full story
13. Reading between the lines when CEOs abruptly 'step down' Full story
14. Fired nurse settles lawsuit with California hospital over bachelor's degree requirement Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. An estimated $300B in healthcare fraud happens every year. Here's how modern payer Chief Risk Officers are getting proactive about fraud protection.
2. Can AI close the gap between what’s expected and what’s achievable in rev cycle management? Health system execs say yes. Find out why.
3. 45% of patients plan to change their coverage level each year, leaving providers in danger of high denials and declining payments. Here's an easy-to-use solution.