1. Texas hospitals asked to postpone elective procedures, out-of-state workers recruited Full story
2. CDC confirms 2nd death caused by rare bacterial disease Full story
3. Tenet Massachusetts hospital hires 100+ permanent replacement nurses amid strike Full story
4. A sign of the times: How eSignature is a game changer in 4 key service lines.
5. Researchers struggle to understand potential tie between COVID-19 vaccines, menstrual changes: 6 things to know Full story
6. COVID-19 hospitalizations reach record high in Arkansas Full story
7. Say goodbye to wound complications — see how 2 practices are rethinking incision management for better outcomes here.
8. Unvaccinated people twice as likely to be reinfected with COVID-19, CDC says Full story
9. Nurse practitioners most recruited providers for first time in 28 years, report finds Full story
10. Arizona man diagnosed with the plague after 1 month of symptoms, CDC report finds Full story
11. The 'new normal' is here. See one major way health systems are adapting to a post-pandemic market in this short e-book.
12. More testing needed to improve tracking of breakthrough COVID-19 cases, Fauci says Full story
13. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The ABCs of ambulatory integration: Best practices from Adventist Health, Banner Health and CoxHealth.
2. 11 must-reads on the patient affordability crisis
3. Why interoperability is the key to value-based care success