1. Vanderbilt should lose Magnet status over RaDonda Vaught's treatment, nurses say Full story
2. US declares monkeypox a public health emergency Full story
3. Polio case may be 'tip of iceberg,' New York's top health official says Full story
4. Surgery is still a gateway to long-term opioid use. Learn how a New York hospital protects patients with drug-free pain management during this virtual session.
5. Monkeypox cases, state by state Full story
6. How US News' 20 Honor Roll hospitals fared with CMS star ratings this year Full story
7. Becker's Healthcare, in collaboration with The Chartis Group, has launched a new Health Equity channel to highlight news and stories on efforts to improve inclusion, diversity and reduce disparities. Read more.
8. 67% of nurses plan to leave position within 3 years, survey of 9,000 nurses finds Full story
9. UF Health Shands CEO resigns Full story
10. Most common symptoms of 6 coronavirus variants Full story
11. Discharging patients at the right time can save hospitals nearly $9,000 per bed per year. Learn how UCHealth benefits from the right tech and generates an ROI on its tech investments.
12. The reporting practice that could lead to unreliable patient safety data Full story
13. 8 health issues that worsened during the pandemic Full story
14. 5 recent chief medical, nursing officer move Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Patient care is personalized; why aren't spine fusion devices? Research reveals 3 benefits for personalized interbody devices.
2. Is it time to ditch your call center? Intelligent automation allows consumers to schedule appointments without making a call. Hear how one Texas clinic got it done.
3. Supply chain disruptions will arise. Learn how leading health systems are increasing productivity and resiliency with technology + strategy.