1. Side hustle or exit path? How COVID-19 shifted the side gig landscape for nurses Full story
2. Tennessee hospital reports unusual cluster of parechovirus cases Full story
3. The safety issues that put UNC Medical Center's Medicare contract at risk Full story
4. Administrative tasks can take up more than 44% of a clinician's day. Learn how to use ambient intelligence to redirect time back to patients.
5. San Francisco, New York state call monkeypox an emergency: 5 updates Full story
6. Monkeypox cases, state by state Full story
7. 1 in 4 adults suffer from chronic knee pain, but relying on opioids to treat it is unsustainable and dangerous. Here's two leaders' non-opioid solution.
8. Geisinger names Dr. Susan Parisi 1st chief wellness officer Full story
9. More hospitals considering on-site child care to retain staff Full story
10. Physician assistant pay, by specialty Full story
11. This California hospital reduced pressure injuries by 68% in less than two years. Find out how here.
12. 9 recent chief medical, nursing officer moves Full story
13. Critics say Mark Cuban's pharmacy isn't tackling the big issue: brand-name drugs Full story
14. Meet the CNOs of US News' top 10 hospitals: 2022-23 Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Can AI close the gap between what’s expected and what’s achievable in rev cycle management? Health system execs say yes. Find out why.
2. An estimated $300B in healthcare fraud happens every year. Here's how modern payer Chief Risk Officers are getting proactive about fraud protection.
3. Unsecured remote access leaves organizations vulnerable to attacks. Learn how to avoid becoming a target.