1. 429 hospitals with 5 stars from CMS: 2022 Full story
2. $7B needed for US to contain monkeypox, White House advisers estimate Full story
3. 2 questions a Harvard infectious disease expert still has about the coronavirus' evolution Full story
4. This California hospital reduced pressure injuries by 68% in less than two years. Find out how here.
5. Houston Methodist hit with 2nd lawsuit from physician accused of spreading COVID-19 misinformation Full story
6. New theory emerges on cause of mysterious hepatitis cases in children Full story
7. 1 in 4 adults suffer from chronic knee pain, but relying on opioids to treat it is unsustainable and dangerous. Here's two leaders' non-opioid solution.
8. 12 systems hiring chief nursing officers Full story
9. World-first HIV-positive heart transplant performed at Montefiore Full story
10. Hair loss, low libido among long COVID-19 symptoms, study finds Full story
11. The cost of in-office procedures is rising. See how leading ENT practices are reining them in, while still expanding care here.
12. Dignity hospital to striking workers: Return to work by end of month or risk losing benefits Full story
13. 10 best, worst states for healthcare Full story
14. Oregon hospital board faces recall petition after COO fired Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A rise in ransomware is making it harder for healthcare organizations to secure cyber insurance. Get tips to secure affordable coverage here.
2. Healthcare organizations are wasting millions of dollars on workflow inefficiencies and data inaccuracies across provider networks. One powerful platform can help connect your payer ecosystem.
3. Don't let language barriers weaken your organization. Learn how preferred-language communication improves patient and provider experiences.