1. White House to name monkeypox coordinator: 4 updates Full story
2. Mayo nurses vote to remove union Full story
3. BA.5 now accounts for 82% of US COVID-19 cases Full story
4. Surgery is still a gateway to long-term opioid use. Learn how a New York hospital protects patients with drug-free pain management during this virtual session.
5. US News' Best Hospitals 2022-23 Honor Roll Full story
6. US News' top hospitals by state for 2022-23 Full story
7. Reduce blood use by up to 60%, pocket millions and improve clinical outcomes. Jefferson Health shares their secret.
8. 5 states with no known monkeypox cases Full story
9. Pennsylvania hospital to close Full story
10. Hospitals are closing ORs on a daily basis, even without a COVID-19 surge Full story
11. Oncologists need a better way to see their patients' complex medical histories & treatments. The right digital tools bring fragmented files into focus. Learn about them here.
12. How 2 decades of physician diversity work is paying off at Alameda Health System Full story
13. US saw low-severity flu season: 6 CDC report notes Full story
14. Hospitals 'rob Peter to pay Paul' Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Laundry to linens to lab testing - third-party purchased services can total up to 25% of your operations costs. Make meaningful change.
2. Patients don't want to play phone tag. Give them the convenient communication they crave with these 5 strategies.
3. 50% of hospitalizations occur within 7.5 days of an ED discharge. See how hospitals can close care gaps after an ED visit to improve outcomes and lower costs here.