1. US hospitals in scramble to make room for rising COVID-19 case count, dwindling bed capacity Full story
2. 3 top Beaumont execs to depart Full story
3. US vaccination rate at early January level as new cases spike — 7 things to know Full story
4. The pandemic has exacerbated long-standing challenges within microbiology labs. Learn more
5. 8% vaccinated, half under 60: 6 notes on the COVID-19 patients at 1 Missouri hospital Full story
6. MultiCare nurse retires at 96 Full story
7. Change is hard, especially in medicine. Learn how this AdventHealth hospital is managing practice changes in its ICU with a pharmacy-led initiative here.
8. Florida hospital loses organ meant for biopsy, patient says Full story
9. CDC monitoring 200 people in the US after monkeypox exposure Full story
10. American Hospital Association backs vaccine mandates Full story
11. It's time for hospitals to revisit their PPE supply chain strategy. Click here for tips on avoiding future shortages.
12. 6 notes on PA job satisfaction in 2021 Full story
13. Penn State Hershey names new CNO Full story
14. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The 'new normal' is here. See one major way health systems are adapting to a post-pandemic market in this short e-book.
2. Chances are you're overlooking dozens of small changes that can deliver big results in your revenue cycle. Change that here.
3. Healthcare has a patient-no-show problem. Here's what your health system can do about it.