1. Scripps Mercy Hospital accused of discharging patients without a plan Full story
2. BA.2.75 detected in at least 7 states Full story
3. Biden tests positive for COVID-19 Full story
4. COVID-19 greatly affected health systems everywhere – but by how much? Get a data-driven look at the pandemic's impact here.
5. Investigation launched after 2 patients go missing from Illinois hospital Full story
6. Oregon health officials ask residents to mask up as hospitals near capacity Full story
7. Don't limit care to inside the hospital. Reduce staff strain and give patients what they need. Learn how home-based care can help.
8. New Jersey hospital evacuates ED after A/C breaks Full story
9. 5 dead in global monkeypox outbreak: 4 updates Full story
10. White House mulls directive to protect abortion pill prescribers Full story
11. Surgery is still a gateway to long-term opioid use. Learn how a New York hospital protects patients with drug-free pain management during this virtual session.
12. Sore throat, hoarse voice top omicron symptoms, study suggests Full story
13. World War II nurse Muriel Engelman dies at 101 Full story
14. 62 hospital CEOs stepped down this year Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Every year, hospitals lose up to 7% of their equipment. Get expert advice on keeping track of your most valuable assets.
2. Telehealth shouldn't require piecemeal technology to work. 35 clinics in Missouri simplified virtual care for patients and staff. Here's how.
3. The only way health systems can stay competitive and fiscally stable is by supporting frontline nurses. Find out how here.