1. BA.4, BA.5 account for 90% of US COVID-19 cases: 4 updates Full story
2. SSM Health strengthens security after stabbing Full story
3. Access to monkeypox vaccines, prescriptions lags as cases near 2,000: 4 updates Full story
4. Decrease hospital-acquired infections by keeping the room out of the patient: low-lint solutions for better surgical outcomes.
5. A Cleveland hospital employs the world's oldest practicing physician Full story
6. 5 specialties with the highest starting salaries Full story
7. Hospitals have spent more than $3B getting PPE during the pandemic — make sure your team is following the right protocols.
8. Mount Sinai physician inserts brain-computer interface chip into US patient Full story
9. Fauci says he plans to retire by 2025 Full story
10. 10 recent chief medical, nursing officer moves Full story
11. The cost of in-office procedures is rising. See how leading ENT practices are reining them in, while still expanding care here.
12. Time between COVID-19 infections is growing, not shrinking, data suggests Full story
13. Despite federal guidance, pharmacists hesitant to fill some orders since Roe Full story
14. 11 schools launching nursing programs Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Is it time to ditch your call center? Intelligent automation allows consumers to schedule appointments without making a call. Hear how one Texas clinic got it done.
2. Supply chain disruptions will arise. Learn how leading health systems are increasing productivity and resiliency with technology + strategy.
3. Physicians spend 2 hours with the EHR for every 1 hour of patient care. Give them the chance to spend more time bedside. Here's how.