1. COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations rising sharply in 4 states — 7 things to know, per NYT Full story
2. Cleveland Clinic, Mount Sinai say they won't administer Aduhelm Full story
3. Viewpoint: COVID-19 vaccines should be a condition of employment for healthcare personnel Full story
4. Don't count on counting alone — Learn how hospitals are tapping new tech and best practices to prevent retained surgical sponges in the OR.
5. Baptist Health postpones some elective surgeries amid COVID-19 uptick Full story
6. Dr. Atul Gawande is Biden's pick for global health position Full story
7. Which technologies helped King’s Daughters Medical Center overcome the pandemic? Click here to find out.
8. 'Terrifying': 2020 drug overdoses jump 30%, hit record 93,000 deaths Full story
9. 7 Mississippi children in ICU with delta strain amid surge Full story
10. Florida State University names head of nursing school Full story
11. Break down imaging silos for good. Industry experts share 5 tips for building a cost-effective, clinician-friendly imaging ecosystem here.
12. HCA New Hampshire hospital loses 12 physicians as interim CEO takes helm Full story
13. Superspreader events continue to drive pandemic, experts say Full story
14. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. There are 4 transformations hospitals must undergo to fit into healthcare’s new ecosystem. Click here to learn them.
2. Traditional pain management programs aren't working. Here's the new approach hospitals are taking to prevent chronic opioid use.
3. Ochsner Health's centralized monitoring system reduced costs by 90%. Click here to learn the strategy.