1. After stabbing, nurses say SSM ignored pleas for security: 'This was 100% preventable' Full story
2. White House outlines strategy to combat BA.5: 3 COVID-19 updates Full story
3. BA.5 wave will be smaller than past omicron surges, experts predict Full story
4. The goal: Reach twice as many patients in half the time. Achieving that means moving to the cloud. Take the first step here.
5. 5 most 'overpaid' healthcare CEOs Full story
6. American Nurses Association apologizes for role in perpetuating racism Full story
7. COVID-19 uncovered a plethora of weaknesses in cancer care delivery. This 2-page report shares how oncology leaders are planning for change.
8. Hospital-acquired drug-resistant infections, deaths rose 15% from 2019-20: CDC Full story
9. Legal risks of miscarriage care post-Roe: Physicians voice concern Full story
10. NYU Langone surgeons perform novel pig heart procedures Full story
11. Is your organization meeting evolving marketing and user engagement needs? Learn how a CDP helps health marketers individualize their outreach strategies.
12. Hospitals campaign against LA's $25 healthcare worker minimum wage Full story
13. Hospital care was getting safer before pandemic hit, study shows Full story
14. 10 hospitals cutting services Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. About 45% of Americans plan to change their coverage level each year. Learn how an intelligent payer engine can save the day.
2. Only 48% of recently surveyed healthcare leaders think the industry has progressed in care payment and funding. Learn how C-suite innovators are creating a sustainable system to benefit everyone in Optum's new report.
3. A lot has changed during the COVID-19 pandemic, but what about in the pharmacy kit and tray management space? A Becker's Hospital Review survey of pharmacy experts found these five key takeaways.