1. Patient gets kidney transplant meant for another patient at Cleveland hospital Full story
2. FDA to attach rare autoimmune disease warning to J&J COVID-19 vaccine label Full story
3. 47 states with rising COVID-19 cases: July 13 Full story
4. Change is hard, especially in medicine. Learn how this AdventHealth hospital is managing practice changes in its ICU with a pharmacy-led initiative here.
5. Tennessee health official says she was fired after sharing teen vaccination guidance Full story
6. Las Vegas hospital workers infected with COVID-19 after attending party Full story
7. Don't count on counting alone — Learn how hospitals are tapping new tech and best practices to prevent retained surgical sponges in the OR.
8. Eyes on Tennessee: COVID-19 cases jump 404% in 2 weeks Full story
9. 24 hospitals hiring CNOs Full story
10. COVID-19 origins may never be clear, bat scientists say Full story
11. Lessons in HAI prevention: How this California hospital leveled up protections for vulnerable patients. Click here to join the virtual presentation.
12. Piedmont + 29 more hospitals, health systems mandating vaccines for workers Full story
13. 5 MUSC Health employees fired for noncompliance with vaccine mandate Full story
14. 'It is everywhere now': Delta variant much more widespread than CDC estimates, officials say Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Is your health system positioned for growth? Answer these 4 Qs to find out.
2. Tangled in complex supply partnerships? Learn what's working better for providers here.
3. Investment costs shouldn't deter your hospital from integrating robotics. Click here to learn how Cedars Sinai + Methodist Healthcare beat the perception with a viable robotics program.