1. 1st cases of newest omicron subvariant BA.2.75 detected in US: 3 notes Full story
2. Cleveland Clinic not enforcing mask mandate, patient says Full story
3. Duke LifePoint hospital at risk of losing Medicare contract over safety issues Full story
4. The goal: Reach twice as many patients in half the time. Achieving that means moving to the cloud. Take the first step here.
5. Employee finds couple dead in Texas hospital room Full story
6. Biden weighs declaring abortion access a public health emergency Full story
7. Patient experience falling short? Outdated rooms could be the culprit. Learn how to make patient rooms a priority.
8. Monkeypox cases, state by state Full story
9. COVID-19 hospitalizations hit highest national average since March Full story
10. Walmart heir's medical school moves forward Full story
11. It's hard to stay healthy in a sick economy. Treating mind & body together is the key to chronic care even in tough times. Learn how here.
12. Eleanor Slater Hospital's chief medical officer to step down after 10 months Full story
13. Biden administration set to renew COVID-19 PHE this week Full story
14. 12 recent hospital, health system executive resignations Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Only 48% of recently surveyed healthcare leaders think the industry has progressed in care payment and funding. Learn how C-suite innovators are creating a sustainable system to benefit everyone in Optum's new report.
2. A lot has changed during the COVID-19 pandemic, but what about in the pharmacy kit and tray management space? A Becker's Hospital Review survey of pharmacy experts found these five key takeaways.
3. Patient care is personalized; why aren't spine fusion devices? Research reveals 3 benefits for personalized interbody devices.