1. 'Lesson for all': Delta variant tied to high ventilator demand, says Mercy CAO Full story
2. CDC, FDA say no to COVID-19 boosters for now Full story
3. I'd 'get on my knees and beg': Trinity Health CEO on motivations behind vaccine mandate Full story
4. Don't count on counting alone — Learn how hospitals are tapping new tech and best practices to prevent retained surgical sponges in the OR.
5. Renown to lay off 166 employees Full story
6. Delta spreads 225% faster than original virus — this may be why Full story
7. What's the key to better population health management? Trust. Click here to learn why.
8. Catch up: 6 tweets summarizing situation at 2 Missouri hospitals this week Full story
9. 5,800+ patient deaths tied to hospital overcrowding during COVID-19 surges, study suggests Full story
10. 3 areas where hospitals can improve patient experience: Leapfrog Full story
11. Change is hard, especially in medicine. Learn how this AdventHealth hospital is managing practice changes in its ICU with a pharmacy-led initiative here.
12. Pennsylvania is 36th state to adopt multistate nursing license Full story
13. Study: Ads communicate that a hospital has deep pockets, not necessarily quality care Full story
14. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Turn data into action — and cost savings. Learn 5 ways to standardize care across your post-acute network here.
2. Healthcare has a patient-no-show problem. Here's what your health system can do about it.
3. Will a digital transformation help your health system reach its goals? Click here to learn what's hype and what works.