1. Physician lounges are dying: How hospitals now foster connection Full story
2. 'Far beyond a pharmacist's scope and training': AMA objects to FDA's Paxlovid decision Full story
3. Jefferson Health boosts staffing flexibility with 'Nursing SEAL Team' Full story
4. Burnout can cost healthcare organizations more than $1M per physician. Learn how the right technology can liberate overwhelmed staff and reduce cost.
5. Why CMS wants to conceal hospital safety data Full story
6. The most common symptoms of BA.4 and BA.5 infections Full story
7. The goal: Reach twice as many patients in half the time. Achieving that means moving to the cloud. Take the first step here.
8. 8 hospitals hiring chief medical officers Full story
9. WHO to reconsider monkeypox threat as cases top 6,000: 3 updates Full story
10. In change of course, Tenet hospital to continue oncology services Full story
11. Hospital leaders are using the wrong information to make expensive operating room decisions. Here's how one Florida hospital increased primetime utilization by more than 8%.
12. Cancer drug cuts death risk in hospitalized COVID-19 patients + 11 more research findings Full story
13. Christus Health taps new chief nursing executive Full story
14. Health experts wary about timeline for updated COVID-19 shots Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Optimizing non-acute supply chain strategy saved this health system $125K — here's how you can take full advantage of your purchasing power to drive revenue.
2. This California hospital reduced pressure Injuries by 68% in less than two years. Find out how here.
3. Hospitals have spent more than $3B getting PPE during the pandemic — make sure your team is following the right protocols.