1. US monkeypox cases rise to 460: 4 outbreak updates Full story
2. NorthShore University Health called in 20 physicians to treat July 4th parade shooting victims Full story
3. PeaceHealth cuts travel nurse budget, struggles with staff shortage Full story
4. Reduce blood use by up to 60%, pocket millions and improve clinical outcomes. Jefferson Health shares their secret.
5. Northwell nurse to receive Presidential Medal of Freedom Full story
6. Ripples from Roe v. Wade decision: 5 updates on access to emergency contraceptives, abortion pills Full story
7. Hospital leaders are using the wrong information to make expensive operating room decisions. Here's how one Florida hospital increased primetime utilization by more than 8%.
8. COVID-19 cases to jump 32% by July 16 + 2 more forecasts Full story
9. The hospital with the greatest COVID-19 burden in 19 cities Full story
10. Detroit hospital housekeepers fired for blowing whistle on unsanitary conditions, lawsuit says Full story
11. Learn what worked - and what didn't - when Baylor, Scott & White set out to integrate medical device strategy. Spoiler: It resulted in cost savings and fewer incidents.
12. Top 100 hospitals for 2022 named by Fortune/Merative Full story
13. Disposable gowns may pose infection risk for healthcare staff Full story
14. 26 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Hospital execs know nurses need more support. Click here to learn how to move past lip service and empower nurse teams with solutions that actually work.
2. ERP built by accountants, for accountants: Read how James River Home Healthcare's first CFO improved reporting speed and consistency by implementing a new ERP.
3. Unsecured remote access leaves organizations vulnerable to attacks. Learn how to avoid becoming a target.