1. Utah hospitals may have to delay surgeries due to blood shortage Full story
2. Oregon systems urge caution over July 4th weekend to reduce ED demand Full story
3. White House to send 'surge response' teams to delta variant hot spots Full story
4. Walk through patient scenarios to learn where, when and how AI can beat your utilization management expectations.
5. The exodus of nurses: 5 telling trends from Louisiana hospitals Full story
6. 17 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
7. Don't count on counting alone — Learn how hospitals are tapping new tech and best practices to prevent retained surgical sponges in the OR.
8. Defibrillator fire that burned patient spurs internal probe at HCA hospital Full story
9. Harvard, MIT researchers create COVID-19 diagnosing mask Full story
10. Why men delay primary care: 3 notes from a Florida physician Full story
11. Anxiety around reopening + pandemic fatigue are fueling virtual visits. Learn how Amwell is helping drive members to mental health support.
12. U of Maryland Children's Hospital opens state's 1st 'trauma-informed' psychiatric unit Full story
13. Houston Methodist CEO, execs: How to develop a vaccine mandate Full story
14. 7 hospitals seeking CMOs Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Patients want to know the person behind the PPE. Learn the 5 core tenets of a strong patient experience and communication strategy here.
2. Drowning in data? Turn a flood of information into insights that personalize patient engagement. Click here for the quick-read solution.
3. Every referral matters. Learn why 33% of patients ignore them and how to fix that.