1. Nearly 900 Chicago nurses strike Full story
2. 'Likely association' between rare heart inflammation, COVID-19 vaccine among young recipients, CDC panel says Full story
3. Physicians target Palomar Health leadership in no-confidence vote Full story
4. The future of care is here: augmented video analytics. Learn how your organization can benefit during this discussion.
5. Missouri hospital admits infant for COVID-19; county sees 210% spike in virus hospitalizations since early June Full story
6. 6 updates on the 'black fungus' plaguing India's COVID-19 patients Full story
7. Lack of a strong data infrastructure stands in the way of cancer care improvements. Here's how health systems can change that.
8. Chinese researchers told NIH to delete early COVID-19 gene sequences from database: WSJ
9. Rural hotspots emerge as national COVID-19 cases — and vaccinations — drop: 5 notes Full story
10. This hospital-acquired condition deserves more attention, task force says Full story
11. Educating employees reaps big benefits. Click here to identify high pay-back steps to improve learning at your organization.
12. 5 recent hospital, health system CEO moves Full story
13. Florida, Georgia health systems offering nurse sign-on bonuses Full story
14. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Patients want to know the person behind the PPE. Learn the 5 core tenets of a strong patient experience and communication strategy here.
2. There’s a critical link between the standardization and quality of hospital data. Learn how to standardize your data here.
3. After a year of crisis mode, what has the healthcare industry learned? Hospital executives share key strategies + trends that are here to stay post-COVID-19. Download the brief summary here.